This recipe is so delicious, and pretty easy! A must-try recipe for a cold, cozy night when you’re in the mood for some homemade Mexican food!
Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- 2-3 Cooked Chicken Breasts (Boiled, BBQ, or baked)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Med Yellow Onion (1/2 a huge one), chopped
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1/2 Jalapeno, diced
- 1 Can Enchilada Red Sauce
- 1 Can Olives
- 4-5 Corn Tortillas, cut into strips
- 2/3 Cup Shredded Cheese (I used cheddar, but pepper jack or a Mexican blend would be great too!)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Olive Oil
- In a pan, start cooking the onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno in a little olive oil.
- Once the onions turn translucent, add in the chicken, beans, enchilada sauce, olives, and spices. Let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring to mix it all up, allowing it to soak up all that delicious flavor! Preheat your oven to broil.
- Then add in the tortilla strips, mix slightly (you want the tortilla to be covered in the saucey mix, but still towards the top of your pan.
- Sprinkle the top with your cheese (don’t mix in), and then put it in the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes. Keep an eye on it! You want the cheese to be melted and the tortilla strips a bit crunchy, but not burnt!
- Scoop onto plates or into bowls and ENJOY! (This serves 3-4 :))
Be Happy. Be Fit.