This is so delicious! A great recipe to make for dinner with friends or a significant other! Enjoy :)
Mango & Avocado Black Rice Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cups organic black rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe mango, diced
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced or sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey (agave nectar if vegan)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime wedges, to garnish
- Rinse rice in mesh strainer. Add to medium saucepan. Add 2 3/4 cups water and a pinch of salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to a low simmer, and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed about 30-40 minutes. When rice is done cooking, remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Cool for 10 minutes before adding dressing.
- While rice is cooking prepare the dressing: Combine lime juice, olive oil, garlic, honey (or agave), cilantro, and salt in a food processor. Process for 15-30 seconds or until dressing is combined. Once rice is done cooking and has cooled a bit, stir in dressing and . Cover bowl and place in fridge for an hour or until cool and you are ready to add in the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Before serving, toss salad again with dressing and fold in cilantro, mango, and red onion. Pour into cold salad bowls and top with roasted almonds and avocado. Garnish with a lime wedge or extra cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
*Original recipe by Ambitious Kitchen – my favorite food blog!!
Be Happy. Be Fit.