Why is Drinking so Much Water Important??
Each of you should be drinking half your body weight in oz. of water every day, that’s a lot of water! For example, if you weight 150lbs you should be drinking at least 75oz of water every day – that’s about 5 bottles of water. (On days when you exercise – add another 16oz to this number). So why should you drink this much water, even when you aren’t thirsty?
- Drinking water promotes weight loss by increasing your metabolism and removing by-products of fat
- It helps to reduce appetite – it is very easy for our brain to misinterpret “thirsty” for “hungry”. Many times, if you are feeling hungry and you drink 16oz of water, your hunger will go away!
- Water intake increases energy & reduces fatigue – our brains and bodies are made up of high percentages of water, when the tanks are full, they run better!
- Drinking enough water actually helps you lose water weight! I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but if you are not drinking enough, your body gets dehydrated and holds onto the water in your cells – giving you a puffy, more bloated feel. Drinking water allows for those cells to release that reserve water storage, which then goes into the urine and helps you lose water weight!
- It improves skin complexion – who doesn’t want to have glowing skin?
- Water is a natural headache remedy – since headaches are usually caused by dehydration
- A healthy intake of H2O boosts your immune system
- Lastly, water intake prevents cramps & sprains since it effectively lubricates your muscles & joints
Phew that was a lot of info! Thanks for reading :)