The Benefits of Eating Kale and Other Leafy Greens
- One cup of chopped kale contains 33 calories and 9% of the daily value of calcium, 206% of vitamin A, 134% of vitamin C, and a whopping 684% of vitamin K.
- Kale is also a good source of the minerals copper, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus. Talk about a power vegetable!!
- The vitamin E found in green leafy vegetables works with vitamin C to keep skin healthy as you age.
- Leafy greens are an excellent source of folate, which can reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease and memory loss.
- Leafy greens in general are high in fiber which helps in weight loss and helping you feel full.
Green Veggie Recipes – try one! :)