These muffins are SO GOOD! And so moist! Eric, my studly fiance, loves them. They make a perfect snack, breakfast, or dessert! It is like chocolate muffins that got a healthy makeover! They are made with whole wheat flour and no butter or refined sugars. These are a must try!
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ cup regular or mini chocolate chips
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and generously spray inside of liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess water with a paper towel. This is important, so don’t forget!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add coconut oil, honey, vanilla, egg and egg white; mix on medium-low until smooth and well combined. Add in zucchini, applesauce, and almond milk; mix again. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide batter into prepared liners. Bake 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. After 5 minutes, remove muffins and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!